In the best of times and the worst of times, thousands of Montreals move to a new home, often calling on family and friends to lend a hand. If you are planning a move in the Covid times, make sure to take steps to protect yourself and your family from the COVID-19 virus. We recommend you hire an accredited moving company like West Island Movers or Laval and North Shore Movers that will implement the health safety measures required for your family’s safety.
Your safety and that of our team remain one of our highest priorities during these difficult times. At West Island Movers, we take every action necessary to keep our staff and clients safe. We practice daily cleaning and disinfection of work vehicles and equipment. We also provide our team with personal protective equipment and disinfecting products. In order to help us minimize the spread of the virus further, we ask for your help and cooperation.
Before your move
We talk often about how important it is to have a plan for your move, and that goes double for a move during the coronavirus. Transparency is very important for keeping everybody safe. Let your mover know right away if you or anyone in your family is experiencing flu-like symptoms. If someone who resides or resided in your future home has suffered from the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Prepare access to water and soap for the people helping you move.
- Clean the surfaces of all your furniture with a disinfecting product: furniture, appliances, doorknobs, etc.
- Pack your boxes in advance and try not to touch them without gloves for at least 24 hours before the movers arrive.
During Your Move
If you’re not sure about protocols for moving during times of covid, you are certainly not alone. Here are some helpful tips for making your move go as smoothly as it can during the pandemic.
- Leave hand sanitizer out in a few places between the house and the truck.
- Have only one person from your household supervise the move.
- Try to keep a distance of 2 meters/ 6 feet from the movers at all times.
- Please have liquid soap and a source of warm water readily available for the movers to wash their hands as needed.
After Your Move
After moving, clean your belongings with bleach or other disinfectants before touching them. Remember that the coronavirus (COVID-19) can survive for 3 hours on dry surfaces and 6 days on moist surfaces.
For more details on the coronavirus (COVID-19), please consult the “Self-Care Guide – COVID-19” of the government of Quebec.
We’re here to help make you feel better about moving during COVID-19
Our team at West Island Movers understands that moving is something that can be quite stressful on its own, without the added fear of compromising your health and safety. As such, we’re working harder than ever to help make our customers feel better about moving and storage. If you have questions or concerns about moving and storage during the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us at 514-400-3234. You can also request a free quote on our website. We’re happy to help in any way we can.